Wednesday, May 25, 2011

want to make me angry? listen up

I'm generally a patient person.

I can deal with a lot of the crap that comes through on a day to day basis with little fuss, and even find amusement in some of the things that go on.

That said, I am human, my patience has its limits.  There are ways to make me angry, whether it be a patient, customer, or even co-worker.  Want to accomplish it?  There are a few ways to push my patience to the brink.

One of my favorites is when people call in and ask if their meds are ready.  No name, no numbers, no idea who they are, just if they're ready.  Then they are besides themselves when you ask who they are.

I also enjoy when someone calls in for a control that's too early, can't believe it's too early, then calls back a couple hours later hoping someone else will answer and gladly refill the control.  Except I answer and I've now told you twice that it's too soon.  Call me again and I'll hold you to the day you're due.

Ask me to do something, then before I've had a chance to even figure out how to go about it, ask me to do something else that you could easily do yourself.

On that note, asking me to do *anything* you could do yourself.

People who let their kids run wild inside of an office or store should be severely lashed.  I realize that you allow this type of behavior at home, but this isn't home and that shelf was nice and neat til your little tornado devils came through.  Don't get me wrong.  I love kids, but some of you clearly don't know what parenting is.

Telling me you have insurance when in reality it was canceled 6 months ago and you were just hoping that we'd take your word for it.

I especially do not want to hear about your $2 copay for that $300 medicine you're picking up.  90% of the working population would kill to pay that little for the stuff you're getting.

When we've given you $50 worth of medicine because you kept promising to pay when you got your monthly check, I don't want to hear how we're depriving you of your medicine when instead of paying your bill here, you went and blew your money on something else.  No one else would even give you a credit line at a pharmacy, so please spare me the sob story.

Please do not call in asking for refills on "all your meds."  I do not know what "all your meds" are and I'm not going to guess.  Here's a handy tip: there's a prescription on your label.  If you give me that, I can refill your script incredibly quick.  If you don't have that, I have to get your name, find the stuff you need (if you can pronounce the name of your meds), then make sure it's refillable before actually refilling the damn thing.  And if it's a retail pharmacy, there's this handy automated refill line you can call.

Asking for recommendations, then deciding what we recommend isn't the answer.

Asking me if I'm going to make more coffee for the waiting room.  Um, no.

Mumbling in general.  If you want to tell me something or ask me something, open your mouth and speak up.

I'm sure there's more, but this is what comes to the top of my head.

In general, I tolerate a lot.  I'll listen to someone ramble on for a while without complaint if for no other reason than it gives me something to write about later.

No comments: