Thursday, May 12, 2011

Answer the damn phones!!!! or better yet, get off yours

I'm not too particular on a lot of things at work.

I realize that the phone is likely to ring a lot since people call in for any reason they can think of.  Compounding the issue at my main job is half the clients think the pharmacy line is the reception line and I spend a good part of the day transferring calls over.

However, one thing irks me and that's when one person alone is answering most of the calls.  Or specifically, I'm answering 75% of the calls and when I don't pick up within the first 2 seconds, I hear someone ask "is it me?"

You know what?  It doesn't matter! Answer the damn phone!

I also never thought I'd be one who would believe that personal phone use needs to be reigned in.  I was always one who thought that as long as it isn't impacting work, you should be able to text or make a call if need be.

While I do enjoy the privileges of being able to text relatively freely, I now understand why phones are the bane of so many pharmacists and other people in charge.

As much as I enjoy looking at you and seeing you constantly on your phone, it gets awfully annoying when it's all day every day.  There are a couple of people here who seem to think that there's nothing wrong with being on the phone constantly.  One goes from the cell phone to the work phone and then back, seemingly always with one attached.

I'll again admit to texting.  But not when I have people standing there or a ton of things to get done.  I think there's a time and place for it, and it's not when there's a million things to do.

Oh, and pick up that ringing phone!

No comments: