Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's the Little Things...

Sometimes there are days when someone comes in and you can just tell they don't have a clue.

For instance, most people know if you call in prescription refills, you give the prescription number, your name, and when you'll be by to pick the prescriptions up.

This doesn't always happen though. Yesterday I received a call from a customer on our refill voicemail. He left the patient's name and prescription numbers, however, as soon as he listed off the numbers I knew they weren't from my pharmacy. I didn't know where they were from actually as he didn't bother to mention where they were from. Attempts to reach this person were fruitless as magically no one was home the rest of the afternoon.

So naturally he comes in today expecting the prescriptions to be filled and is upset when I tell them I was unable to fill them. When I told him why, he couldn't understand why I couldn't just figure it out. If I knew they weren't from us, why didn't I call the other pharmacy. I told him that I didn't know what pharmacy they were from, so how could I call?

Apparently I'm slacking on my psychic abilities again.

I also like being yelled at over copays and drugs not being covered. Apparently the assumption is out there that pharmacies just like to randomly deny giving people their medications. It never occurs to them that there are formularies and regulations on certain medications.

In any case, part one of the day is almost over. Part two will be beginning shortly at my retail job. Can't wait to see what madness awaits there.

No comments: